What is Naloxone?
Naloxone is an emergency medication that reverses the effects of an overdose from opioids such as fentanyl, heroin, methadone, morphine.
Where can I get Naloxone?
Naloxone is available free of charge at the Brant County Health Unit and in over 9 different pharmacies throughout Brantford and the County of Brant.
To find the closest location call ConnexOntario Health Services Information, Drug and Alcohol Help Line: 1-800-565-8603
Learn more about the Naloxone in Ontario or find a location to get Naloxone near you: https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-naloxone-kits-free
While we advise against using illicit drugs, people who choose to use should be sure to:
- never use alone
- start with a small amount
- not mix substances, including alcohol, as it increases risk of overdose
- call 911 right away if they think someone is overdosing
- make a plan and know how to respond in case of an overdose
- use where help is easily available
- be prepared to give breaths and/or administer Naloxone (Narcan) until help arrives. Have a kit accessible at all times and KNOW how to use it.